Our attorneys work with clients ranging from local SMEs and universities to the world’s largest corporations, advising on all aspects of intellectual property and especially preparing, filing, prosecuting and enforcing our client’s patent rights.
Our ICT group is seeking a patent engineer for our Dublin office. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop your professional career in patents. You will operate under the tutelage of a partner within the ICT group, gaining exposure to a wide variety of both direct client and agency work.
The successful candidate will have:
- An honours degree in electronic, electrical or computer-related engineering.
- Experience in drafting patent specifications, prior art searches, preparing office action responses, maintaining patent records, etc.
- Experience in handling a wide range of electronics, physics and telecommunications related subject-matter.
- An ability to rapidly absorb leading edge technologies coupled with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work frequently on their own initiative in a variety of technical and business fields.
- A willingness to hit the ground running, integrate quickly into the ICT team, and work effectively with the other members of the team.
The role is both technically and professionally involved and demands candidates of the highest ability and commitment. The position offers an excellent opportunity to develop your professional career in patents. A pathway to qualify and work as a patent attorney may develop in time.
A progressive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in pursuing this rewarding and challenging career opportunity, please send a detailed C.V. by email to Jane Rice, HR Officer (email@example.com).