Alan Casey, European Patent Attorney, will present a talk entitled, ‘What Intellectual Property should mean to your business’ at the Waterford Institute of Technology “Building a Business on Your Ideas” seminar, which takes place on June 8, 2016.
Throughout the talk, Alan will cover a variety of topics including:
- a brief overview of the various types of intellectual property – including patents, trade marks, designs and copyright;
- the importance of IP rights for your business;
- the benefits of protecting IP;
- examples and case studies of good IP practice;
- determining whether to protect your intellectual property or not;
- and the roles of a patent and trade mark agent.
Alan will be available after the seminar for one-on-one mentoring sessions. If you are interested in learning more on this topic, or availing of the mentoring sessions, please contact Alan today.